Today I was featured on Altered Art Spotlight on TheManaSource channel on Youtube. (Thank you for it!!)
Jakub Jandak came to me asking for a unusual commission. I wasn't sure I could do it and spend quite a lot of time pondering how this will eventually end up like. I was sure I would mess up (me painting a face? and letters?).
In the end I grabbed a brush and finer detail brush and tried my best. After several hours of staring at the card I couldn't even focus my eyes. With some breaks I managed to finish it even though what could go wrong went wrong. Anyway the finished product conveys the original idea and I find it pretty neat (the idea).
I was given this card to fix it...so I tried. The card owner already tried to scrape the paint of the card but damaged it in the process. I tried a less destructive approach and it worked. Then I tried altering it the normal way I do. (I did not clean the card yet). So this is how the card looked when it was given to me, after I scraped the paint of it, after I primed it and the more or less final result.
I don't really know where the yellows come from I used Bleached Bone + Neutral Grey ....o_O Google messed the yellow even more. Don't ask me why...it seems I'll have to start using something else to store my photos. (Ok, I linked the FB photo..the google one is a pain to look at...)